Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Twiggy and Lou final logo and handmade business cards

When I created Twiggy and Lou, my vision of the brand was limited to my first creations and I had no clear idea about what its image should be. So I opted for a clean and simple logo but nothing that represented me. Now that Twiggy and Lou became a real brand, it is important that my logo reflects my work. Let me tell you that it was not an easy thing but with the help of the right graphic designer and a lot of back and forth, I am now very happy with the final logo design. I wanted something very simple and delicate with a modern feel and it's what I got! Thank you to Robin Freni from Freni Design for working with me on the project. Robin is based in California but doesn't let the miles come in between good communication and execution. I am really pleased with the whole experience and will work with her again as well as recommend her to other business owner out there. She is the real deal :) To check out her work click here.
Once the logo was done, I ordered some custom stamps because I wanted to make my own business cards. Call me crazy but I love handmade things!! Here is a step by step to creating my own cards.


here is all the materials I needed to stamp and emboss my bags and business cards


 i ordered some custom stamps but you can go with any design you like


 to emboss, I needed a watermark ink pad and some gold and silver embossing powder


 the stamps


 here the watermark ink pad (sticky ink)


1) stamp the bags


2) sprinkle powder on top of your stamped area


3) tap the bag to collect extra powder


4) dry up the powder now sticked to the ink 


 dry in seconds


 I love the look of embossed symbols or letters 


repeat 1 to 4 on business card





 back of business card


 front of business card


Bags were stamped with fabric ink. 


Merci!!

7 comments:

  1. hi Sandrine, great idea, thanks, i make a similar system to "my things", bye and carry your blog to my blog, merci beaucoup ¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paulina! It is a lot of work but soooo worth it! Long road and happy business to you.

      Delete
  2. I love the handmade business card because these looks impressive. Here in this post, you have shared some awesome handmade designs. I like your stuff, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you for your post. I really appreciate you took the time to share your thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article and this is really informative. I will for sure refer my friends the same. ThanksBusiness logo

    ReplyDelete

Little messages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...